Registrar of Vital Statistics
Marriage/Civil Union License Requirements (click here)
(Note: Blood tests are no longer required to obtain a Marriage License/Civil Union License in New Jersey)
- Application (NJ Dept. of Health and Human Services)
To Obtain Certified Copies of Marriage/Civil Union, Death and Birth Certificates:
Records of all events which take place within the boundaries of the Township of Bordentown are maintained as a permanent record in the Registrar's Office.
To request a certified copy, the applicant must:
1. Complete an APPLICATION FOR CERTIFIED COPY less than 40 years old - (click here) - or -
2. Complete an APPLICATION FOR CERTIFIED COPY more than 40 years old - (click here).
3. Provide proof of your identity.
4. Provide proof of your relationship to the person listed on the vital record you are requesting.
The fee for a certified copy of a marriage/civil union, death or birth certificate is $10.00 per copy.
By Mail: Certified records may be obtained by mail. Download the Application for Certified Copy. Complete the applicant portion and the vital record being requested. Send to attention: Registrar, Township of Bordentown, One Municipal Drive, Bordentown, NJ 08505, along with the appropriate fee and copies of identification.