Director of Community Development
609-298-2800, Ext. 2113
- Community Development Home Page
- Planning Board
- Zoning Board
- Environmental Commission
- Township Code Book
The Community Development Office is the first place to go to find out what the Township regulations are for property development. We will advise you as to what zoning district your property is in, what property standards apply to your zone; which may include permitted uses, size of structures and location of primary and accessory buildings.
Prior to applying for a building permit in the Township Construction Office a zoning clearance is required from the Community Development Office. To obtain a zoning clearance for property improvements such as sheds, fences, decks, additions (family rooms, sunrooms, etc.), porches, swimming pools (in ground and above ground), signs, patios, and others, the owner or contractor must first bring a copy of the property survey and all other information pertaining to the proposed improvement to the Community Development Office. Upon review and compliance with Township regulations, a zoning clearance will be issued.
The Community Development Office also provides, receives and processes all applications for property development for the Township Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment. The Planning or Zoning Boards generally review the following types of applications:
- Variance – permission to receive an exception to one or more provisions of the development regulations. Example: conducting a business in a residential zone, placing a shed too close to the property line, building a fence which exceeds the height limit for a residential property.
- Site Plans – development plan showing existing and proposed conditions of a property (drainage, building, parking, etc.). A site plan application may be required prior to the construction of a new non-residential building or a substantial change to an existing non-residential building or property.
- Subdivisions – division of property into two or more lots.
All development applications must be received by the Community Development Office and Board professional staff at least fifteen (15) working days prior to the scheduled meeting, but no more than twenty (20) days prior to the board meeting date.
Both Planning and Zoning Board meetings are held at 7:30 pm in the main meeting room within the Township Municipal Building located at 1 Municipal Drive. The Township Planning Board meeting is normally held on the second Thursday of each month and the Township Zoning Board of Adjustment meeting is normally held on the fourth Thursday of each month. All meetings are subject to change or cancellation. A meeting agenda is posted on the main bulletin board within the Township Municipal Building the Monday of the scheduled meeting week. Any questions concerning board agendas, meeting dates and times or development application forms please contact our office at 609-298-2800 ext. 2113 between the hours of 9:00am and 4:30pm. We will make every attempt to answer all calls within a timely manner.
- Heater Replacement Program (PDF Format)
See Burlington County Office of Community Development for additional information and programs.
- Planning Board and Zoning Board Application:
Contact the Community Development Office for Planning Board and Zoning Board Application
- List of 2016 Board Professionals
- Fee Schedule -- Effective 6/22/15
- Request for Property Owner List
- Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit
- Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit (Maintenance)
- Application for Zoning Permit
- Maintenance Surety Bond
- State Surety Bond Form (Performance Surety)
- Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Sign Permit
- 2014 Sign Code
- Soil Removal Application Form