266 Crosswicks Street, Bordentown NJ 08505
609-291-2133 • Fax 609-298-5125
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 3:00PM
Saturday 1:00-4:00 p.m.
ATTENTION ALL RESIDENTS: PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE METAL BAR IS FACING OUT WHEN PLACING YOUR BLUE RECYCLING CARTS AT THE CURB. ALSO, PLEASE ALLOW 3 FEET OF CLEARANCE ON EACH SIDE OF THE CART SO THAT THE AUTOMATED CLAW CAN PICK THEM UP. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
FOR QUESTIONS: CONTACT PUBLIC WORKS 291-2133.
FOR MISSED STOPS CALL THE SCALE HOUSE AT 609-267-6889
THE PUBLIC WORKS GARAGE WILL ACCEPT BRANCHES AND BRUSH.
THEY WILL ALSO ACCEPT LOOSE LEAVES. IF THEY ARE BAGGED YOU MUST EMPTY THEM AT THE GARAGE AND DISCARD THE BAGS.
THEY WILL ACCEPT CONCRETE.
THESE ITEMS CAN BE ACCEPTED DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS & SATURDAY HOURS LISTED.
July 2015 -June 2016 Recycling Schedule (see flyer)
Missed recycling stops should be called into the county at 609-267-6889
County Blue Recycling Carts are being delivered if any resident requires a different size cart, please call 609-291-2133 or email email@example.com.
Burlington County Regional Recycling Program:
The Burlington County Regional Recycling Program is funded by the Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders and is operated by the Occupational Training Center of Burlington County, Inc. (OTC), a private, non-profit agency that trains and employs the handicapped. OTC collects, processes and markets the recyclable material collected.
2014-2015 Recycling Schedule click here: Recyclables should be at the curb by 6:00am. OTC will not pick up recyclables put out late or on the wrong date.
- Containers: Labels for alternative recycling containers, paper containers, or any container other than yellow buckets are available if you call: 609-499-1001.
- Important Phone Numbers
- Need Recycling Buckets - 609-291-2133
- Curbside Recycling Issues - 609-267-6889, 856-461-4141
or 609-499-1001 ext 271
- General Recycling Information - 609-499-1001 ext. 271
Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Program
Bordentown Residents should know that they can get $50 Rebate for Recycling their Old Refrigerator or Freezer thru the NJ Clean Energy incentive.
They can also check online at www.njcleanenergy.com
The Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling program is a new initiative from New Jersey's Clean Energy Program. This program promotes responsible recycling of refrigerators and freezers in New Jersey and offers a $50 cash incentive.
- To arrange for a free pick up of your old refrigerator/ freezer call 877-270-3520 or schedule online at JACO Environmental.
- Get $50 cash back for recycling responsibly once your transaction is processed.
- Save up to $150 a year on energy costs by recycling an old fridge.
Guidelines for participation:
- You must be a New Jersey resident and a customer of Atlantic City Electric, Jersey Central Power & Light, PSE&G, or Rockland Electric Company.
- You must own the refrigerator or freezer being recycled.
- Your refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- Refrigerator and freezer must be in working condition.
- Limit two units per residential address.
- Restrictions may apply.
- Incentives are processed within 90-120 days.
Burlington County Recycling Contact Number: 609-499-1001.
Township residents can bring recyclables to the drop off collection site at the Public Works Garage, 266 Crosswicks Road in the Township. Please callprior to bringing your recyclables.
As of January 1 electronics such as TVs and computers will no longer be picked up by Waste Management. Residents will be required to take them to the Resource Recovery Center or Goodwill. (Click here for more information)
Free recycling of computer equipment is available to Bordentown Township and all other Burlington County residents.
(See also: Burlington County Recycling Program)
- RECONNECT: Free Computer Recycling through Goodwill Industries (PDF)
- For more information on how you can recycle waste materials that are not collected in your curbside recycling collection go to the www.recyclingnj.com website.
- Wheels For Wishes