Municipal Drive, Bordentown, NJ 08505
609-298-2800 Ext. 5479 — FAX: 609-291-2105
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30-4:00 P.M.
The Tax Collector’s Office is responsible for collecting property taxes from Bordentown Township property owners. Information and questions regarding your tax assessment can be obtained from the Tax Assessor’s Office. The Tax Collector is only responsible for the billing and collection of property taxes.
News & Notices from the Office of the Tax Collector
- Due to the anticipated delay in the Burlington County Board of Taxation’s ability to strike tax rates on time, I have been directed to issue an estimated 2014 third quarter installment bill. This billing will be due on August 1, 2014 with a grace period until August 11, 2014.
Once the Burlington County Board of Taxation strikes the tax rate for Bordentown Township, a reconciled 4th quarter 2014/preliminary 2015 bill will be issued. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The Division of Taxation began mailing 2014 property tax reimbursement (Senior Freeze) to senior citizens and disabled residents who may be eligible for the program. The deadline for filing is June 1, 2015. Online information is available at www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ptr/index.shtml. To ask questions: 1-800-882-6597 (8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays)
- The 2015 Tax Sale for unpaid 2014 delinquencies will be held October 23, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. in the municipal court room located at 1 Municipal Drive. The first advertisement will be in the Burlington County Times beginning September 18, 2015.
View information about the 2013 Property Tax Reimbursement (Senior Freeze) Program
- Property Tax Reimbursement Senior Freeze 2014 Eligibility Requirements.
- Homestead Benefits for 2012 are expected to be applied to May 2015 Property Tax Bills.
BERGEN, BURLINGTON, CUMBERLAND, WARREN -- SATURDAY OCTOBER, 12
If you did not receive your application, wait at least one week after the expected delivery date for your county before you contact the Division. Call the Homestead Benefit Hotline (1-888-238-1233) or e-mail us for assistance.
***The deadline for homeowners to file 2012 Homestead Benefit applications has been extended to December 31, 2013. The original due date was November 22. Contact 1-888-238-1233 with any questions.***
TAX RATE AND RATIO INFO
2014 Ratio 90.53%
Fire District#1 3.057
Fire District#2 3.057
2013 Ratio 90.53%
Fire District#1 3.018
Fire District#2 2.998
2012 Ratio 84.44%
Fire District#1 2.292
Fire District#2 2.293
2011 ratio 102.06%
2010 ratio 103.30%
State Homeowner Preservation Finance Program: The State of New Jersey has a new program for homowners who are looking to refinance in order to avoid foreclosure. The program is called THE HOMEOWNER PRESERVATION REFINANCE PROGRAM. For full details about the program you can visitwww.njhope.nj.gov. or call 1-800-NJ-HOUSE. The agency will be able to direct you to various stages of all mortgage procedures.
The New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Agency has announced the "New Jersey HomeKeeper Program" funded thru a grant from United States Treasury's Hardest Hit Fund. The program offers financial help to homeowners who are in danger of losing their home as a direct result of unemployment or underemployment. It provides assistance in the form of a second mortgage loan whereby the proceeds may be used to cover arrearages and/or an approved amount of the homeowner's monthly mortgage payment, including property taxes, property insurance, and mortgage insurance. Program details are available online at www.njhomekeeper.gov or the toll-free HomeKeeper call center at (855)-NJ-KEEP-1.