Maria Carrington, Clerk
Cindy Dziura, Deputy Clerk
1 Municipal Drive
Bordentown, NJ 08505
FREE RABIES VACCINATION CLINIC
Our next FREE Rabies Vaccination Clinic will be held in early January 2024. You may attend free rabies clinics provided by other municipalities or reach out to the Burlington County Animal Shelter.
To receive a free rabies vaccination, complete the RABIES VACCINATION SHEET and provide it to the veterinarian. If you provide a self-addressed stamped envelope, the rabies vaccination certificate will be mailed to you by January 18. Otherwise, the rabies vaccination certificate will be emailed to you at the email address you provide.
- January is DOG licensing month! There is a $5 late fee for licensing completed after January 31.
- April is CAT licensing month! There is $5 late fee for licensing completed after April 30.
- Licensing Information for Dogs, Cats and Chickens
- Article I of Chapter 183 of the Bordentown Township Code entitled "Cruelty; Limitation on Number of Animals"
- Article II of Chapter 183 of the Bordentown Township Code entitled "Dogs"
- Article III of Chapter 183 of the Bordentown Township Code entitled "Cats"
- Article IV of Chapter 183 of the Bordentown Township Code entitled "Keeping of Chickens"
- Article IV of Chapter 410 of the Bordentown Township Code entitled "Pet Waste"
- NJ Guide to Prevention of Animal Cruelty Laws of 2018
Raffle and Bingo Licenses
- Legalized Games of Chance (Click here for website)
- Bingo and Raffle License Procedure
- 2023-24 Business License Application (fillable)
- 2023-24 Food Handling Establishment License Fee Schedule
- 2023-24 Home Occupation Checklist (only required for residential or home-based businesses)
Please mail completed application and fee made payable to Bordentown Township to:
Office of the Township Clerk
ATTN: Business Licenses
1 Municipal Drive
Bordentown NJ 08505
For more information on Business Licenses, see Chapter 214 of the Bordentown Township Municipal Code.
Mobile Food Facility Licenses
In 2021, the Township Committee amended the Municipal Code to provide regulations for mobile food facilities (or food trucks) to assure public safety and standards in line with brick and mortar businesses.
- Article II of Chapter 286 of the Bordentown Township Code entitled "Food and Food Establishments"
- Section 283-7 "Mobile food facility rules and regulations"
- Mobile Food Facility License Application
Alcoholic Beverage Control (Liquor) Licenses
The ABC Licensing year runs from July to June. All licenses expire on June 30. Licensees must first complete their renewal application on POSSE and pay their $200 state fee online. Licensees are then required to pay the municipal fee directly with the Township Clerk's office. by early June to assure time for the renewal resolution to be placed on the meeting agenda for the Township Committee. If you have any questions, please call or email Maria Carrington at 609-298-2800 x2108 / [email protected].
Landlord Identity Registration
Pursuant to the State's Landlord Identify Law (N.J.S.A. 46:8-27 through 46:9-37), landlords are to file new tenancies with the Municipal Clerk in the case of one-dwelling units or two-dwelling units or the Bureau of Housing Inspection in the State's Department of Community Affairs in the case of multi-dwelling units. A copy of the landlord's registration is to be supplied to each tenant.
For landlords with two or less units, complete the Landlord Identity Registration Form and file a copy with the the Township Clerk's office either in person or mailing to Clerk's Office, 1 Municipal Drive, Bordentown, NJ 08505. There is no fee.
For more Landlord-Tenant information, see the NJ DCA's website.
- For information on Marriage License Applications or Certified Copies of Vital Records, see the Registrar of Vital Statistics page.