Registrar of Vital Statistics
Marriage/Civil Union License Requirements (click here)
(Note: Blood tests are no longer required to obtain a Marriage License/Civil Union License in New Jersey)
- Application for Marriage/Civil Union License (NJ Dept. of Health and Human Services)
To Obtain Certified Copies of Marriage/Civil Union, Death and Birth Certificates:
Records of all events which take place within the boundaries of the Township of Bordentown are maintained as a permanent record in the Registrar's Office.
To request a certified copy, the applicant must:
1. Complete an APPLICATION FOR A NON-GENEALOGICAL CERTIFICATION OR CERTIFIED COPY OF VITAL RECORD for births occurring within the last 80 years or if the individual is still living, marriages occurring within the last 50 years, deaths occurring within the last 40 years, and all civil union and domestic partnership records - (click here)
- or -
2. Complete an APPLICATION FOR A GENEALOGICAL CERTIFICATION OR CERTIFIED COPY OF A VITAL RECORD for births occurring more than 80 years ago (unless the individual is still living), marriages occurring more than 50 years ago, and deaths occurring more than 40 years ago - (click here).
3. Read and follow all instructions on page 2 of the application.
4. Provide I.D. and proof of your relationship to the person listed on the vital record you are requesting.
The fee for a certified copy of a marriage/civil union, death or birth certificate is $10.00 per copy.
By Mail: Certified records may be obtained by mail. Download the Application for Certified Copy. Complete the applicant portion and the vital record being requested. Send to attention: Township of Bordentown, Office of the Registrar, 1 Municipal Drive, Bordentown, NJ 08505, along with the appropriate fee and copies of identification.