The Environmental Commission is an official arm of the local government, established to protect the environment and conserve natural resources. Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor.
Environmental Commission meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM.
- The Green Team
- Environmental Commission Dates, Agendas, and Minutes
- Environmental Commission Sponsors
- Environmental Resource Inventory Update (1/30/14)
- Moral Letter Opposing Pipeline (letter)
2022 Sustainable Challenge
You can take the 2022 Sustainable Challenge Green Pledge today by going to: https://www.bordentowntownship.com/2022_green_challenge
We thank you for your cooperation. Your work goes towards our Sustainable New Jersey Points and Certificates
2023 Community Garden
- 10 Ways to be Environmentally Friendly this Fall
- May Tips - Supporting Native Pollinators
- 2022 Earth Day - Easy Environment-Friendly Tips
- Eco-friendly Salt Alternatives for Melting Ice and Snow
- Holiday Lights Recycling
- Flocked Christmas Trees
- The Bordentown City Water Department has conducted many tests of the water system throughout Bordentown City & Bordentown Township.
- This map shows the location of the tests and the results:
Bordentown City Water Department Lead and Copper Sample Map
- Any questions can be forwarded to the Bordentown City Water Department HERE.
The Burlington County Health Department has received odor complaints reported by Township and City residents. The complaints have been investigated and the odors are originating in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, our jurisdiction ends at the river edge; however, we have a policy in place with NJDEP to notify the PA DEP of any odor that is suspected as originating in Pennsylvania.
The below documents are being provided to the complainants. These documents contain our odor investigation protocol and numbers to call to issue a complaint:
Roger Plew, Chairman, 3 year term through 12/31/24
Raquel Parker, Vice-Chairman, Term: 1/1/23-12/31/25
Kayla Harris, Secretary, Term 7/12/22-12/31/24
Roger Schneider, Term 1/1/23-12/31/25
Bill Grayson, 3 Year Term Expiring 12/31/23
Danielle Esser, Planning Board Rep. CY 2023
Madeline McManimon, Student Representative ,CY 2023
Kara Parker, Student Representative, CY 2023
Eugene M. Fuzy, Deputy Mayor, Liaison, CY 2023
Environmental Commission and Township Committee Resolutions
BORDENTOWN ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE INVENTORY
Links will open in a separate window.
TerraCycle’s Zero-Waste program
- Oral Care and Snack Package Letter
- Candy and Snack Wrapper Accepted Waste Poster
- Colgate Oral Care Brigade Accepted Waste Poster
NexTrex Recycling Challange