RECYCLING IS THE LAW!
Recycling in the Township is overseen by the Burlington County Regional Recycling Program funded by the Burlington County Board of Chosen Freeholders. and is operated by the Occupational Training Center of Burlington County, Inc. (OTC), a private, non-profit agency that trains and employs the handicapped. OTC collects, processes and markets the recyclable material collected.
Use the Recycling Coach app which offers information about Burlington County's recycling program specifically for your area. With the click of a button you can access your schedule, events, and accepted recyclable materials. Available at iTunes and GooglePlay app store.
- Paper and flattened cardboard
- Plastic Bags with the number 1, 2 or 5 designations
- Metal cans, rinsed
- No plastic bags
- No batteries
- No shredded paper - attend a shredding event*
- No Styrofoam
- Learn more!
- For general Recycling Information, call the County at 609-499-1001 ext. 271
- The Environmental Commission has set up a collection container at the public works Recycling Center for the Terracycle items. For more recycling ideas, check out the Bordentown Township Environmental Commission.
- Holiday Lights? The County accepts non-working strands at the County Resource Recovery Complex!
To report uncollected recycling, call 609-267-6889
Blue Recycling Carts:
- When placing blue recycling carts at the curb, make sure that the metal bar on the recycling bucket is facing OUT to the street. Allow 3 feet of clearance on each side of the cart.
- For an additional recycling cart or a cart of a different size, call 609-291-2133 or email the Township Department of Public Works
Recycling can also be dropped off at the Township Recycling Center at 266 Crosswicks Road on Mondays through Fridays from 8 AM to 3:30 PM or Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Other items that can be dropped off at the Township Recycling Center:
- Branches and Brush (or call 609-291-2133 to schedule pick-up)
- Loose Leaves (Bag must be emptied at the Recycling Center and discarded)
- Electronics such as TVs and computers can be dropped off at the public works garage.(Click Here)
- Hazardous Materials (including Pool Chemicals)
- Rechargeable batteries may NO LONGER be brought to the Township Recycling Center. They may be brought to Home Depot for recycling.
*Township Shredder Days are scheduled for May 1, 2021 and October 2, 2021 from 9 AM to 12 NOON at the Public Works Garage, 266 Crosswicks Road. Burlington County is also holding Shredding Events on March 29, 2020 and April 26, 2020 from 9 AM to 1 PM at the Burlington County Resource Recovery Complex (Landfill) at 22000 Burlington-Columbus Road in Florence (Exit 52A off of I-295). For more information on the County Shredding Events, call 609-499-1001 or email: [email protected]
(See also: Burlington County Recycling Program)