The Bordentown Township Police Department announces that they have designated the lobby of their Municipal Building a Safe Transaction Zone where citizens can complete sales and purchases brokered through online auction and classified sites.
The zone has been set up in the lobby of the Bordentown Township Municipal Building located at 1 Municipal Dr. Bordentown NJ. This well-lit lobby is open 24 hours a day and is monitored by surveillance cameras. Bright, yellow signs denoting the safe zone have been hung in this lobby area as well as outside the municipal building.
Members of the Bordentown Township Police Department will not participate in transactions or act as witnesses and transactions involving any type of contraband such as weapons, drugs or drug paraphernalia are barred from the zone.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when conducting such transactions:
- Only do transactions with local buyers/sellers.
- Do not go to a transaction alone.
- Make sure a friend or family member is aware of the transaction details.
- Insist on meeting in a public area like our safe transaction zone.
- Do not go into someone else’s house, and do not allow them into yours.
- Complete the transaction during daylight hours.
- Be extra cautious when buying or selling valuable items such as vehicles and jewelry.
- Only use cash or money orders to complete your transactions.
- Trust your instincts, if it sounds like a scam it probably is.
- If somebody is not willing to come to the police department to conduct a transaction then it is likely not a legitimate transaction.