3 Municipal Drive
Bordentown NJ 08505
Angel Sauro, Coordinator
609-298-2800, Ext. 2109
FREE Senior Services Burlington County (FLYER)
Senior Meetings 2018 (Dates)
Doors Open at 11:00a.m. Meetings at 1:00p.m.
Chuck Klosinski, President
Nick D'Angelo, Vice President
Ellen Benowitz, Secretary
Dot Sherman, Treasurer
Roger Kafer, Trustee
Mary Ann Rosie, Trustee
Margaret Curatolo, Sunshine Club
Reggie Klosinski, Sargent of Arms
Liasion Mayor Steve Benowitz
2018 Charity Outreach
Hearts United Against Cancer, Inc.
The Bordentown Twp. Senior Citizens Club have donated over 50 blankets
and many stuffed animals and other items to being joy to others.
Bookbag Outreach to Peter Muschal School August 2017
- Bordentown Township Seniors donate to the Masonic Home Easter Baskets
- Christmas Outreach, Hearts united against Cancer December 2016
- August 20, 2016 Senior Picnic
- 45 filled book bags donated by Bordentown Township Senior Citizens Group
- Senior Anniversary Party May 6
May 2016 Outreach
Easter Basket Donation March 2016
Bordentown Township Senior Citizen's Club Re-Organization
January 6, 2015
BORDENTOWN TOWNSHIP SENIOR CITIZENS GROUP
2016 MEETING DATES
DOORS OPEN AT 11AM MEETING BEGINS AT 1:00 BINGO FOLLOWS
- JANUARY 4 & 18
- FEBRUARY 1 & 15
- MARCH 7 & 21
- APRIL 4 & 18
- MAY 2 & 16
- JUNE 6 & 20
- JULY 5 & 18
- AUGUST 1 & 15
- SEPTEMBER 6 & 19
- OCTOBER 3 & 17
- NOVEMBER 7 & 21
- DECEMBER 5 & 19
2014 Christmas Party
Bordentown Township Senior Citizens Group graduate from their six week Prevention Plus Class.
ORIGINAt a Christmas Luncheon and installation of officers, held on December 14, 1976, outgoing President Anna Nitschman gave a speech, wherein she stated that, "on April 17, 1975 a total of 14 of us got together for an informal meeting to start our club, and today we have 68 members.
- Ada Bowker
- Wendel Flesh
- Harriett Heisler
- Ada Innocenzi
- Lena McCue
- Anna Nitschman - President
- Helen Pieslak
- John Radler
- Theresa Radler
- Lena Scaccetti
- Mildred Taylor
- Warren Taylor
SENIOR CITIZENS CHARITY OUTREACH for 2013
- Sponsor a student for Bordentown Township VFW State Project to Girls State
- Donation of Lap Robes and afghans to Continuing Care nursing home
- Every month collected canned goods, packaged goods and personal care items for St. Mary’s pantry
- Donated 40 filled back packs to the Peter Muschal School. We collected and donated tissues, and pads and pens for teachers.
- Packaged of powered drinks, hats, gloves, scarves for USO troops.
- Donated 100 fleece blankets to troops going oversees
- We made 40 filled Easter baskets for the Meals on Wheels program
- The club donated two gift cards to two students in the 8th grade for most improved to be given out at graduation.
- Joke Books donated and crafted by our seniors to the Sterling House.
- A donation of snacks, juice and money to the Trinity Cathedral Episcopal Church for a program aimed to keep children 6-12 years old to keep them away from the streets
- We are currently collected 40 sand buckets and filling them with activity books, flash cards, game cards, coloring books etc. to donate to the children in need.
- We continue to donate our time and service to every community event. We donate baked goods, hot chocolate and paper goods to events.
In the past we have make material bags filled with wish list items to the girl’s orphanage in Mt. Holly, we donated lap robes to the Vineland Veterans Hospital and the Warrior Unit. We have given sports equipment to the Boys Home in Mt. Holly. We have baked for them and had Valentine’s Day cards given to them that were collected from our club. We have collected baby goods, diapers, baby wipes food etc. for the Women’s Shelter, and collected personal items for the Emergency Services for Burlington County. We hand crafted stuffed dogs to give out to children that require an ambulance services as a gift to them. We have given to the Toys for Tots every year and so much more. We love giving back to the community!
BORDENTOWN TOWNSHIP SENIOR CITIZENS GROUP PROVIDING
OUTREACH TO THE COMMUNITY DURING THE HOLIDAYS!
The Bordentown Township Senior Citizens Group collected 20 filled “Buckets of Joy” that were distributed it to the less than fortunate students at Peter Muschal School on December 18th, 2013. The buckets were adopted by the seniors and then filled with coloring books, crayons, games, activity books and more. It is their way of giving during the season to the children that may have a less than perfect holiday. The colorful buckets were well received by Principal, Dan Riether. The seniors that are shown in photograph is Eve Ziegler, Trustee of senior club , Chuck Klosinski, President of senior club, and Mae Hamilton, Active Member of the senior club.
- Hamilton Continuing Care, Hamilton
- Vineland Veterans Home (30 handmade lap robes in 2012)
- Woman's Home - Burlington
- Alterra House - Florence
- Genesis Center - Cinnaminson
- Clare Estates - Bordentown City
- Sterling House - Florence
- Claire Estates - Bordentown City
- Woman's Home - Burlington
- Lourdes Hospital Neonatal Unit - Willingboro
- Children's Home - Mt. Holly
- Peter Muschal "High Needs" Children - Bordentown Twp. (back packs to 40 Township Children)
- Toys for Tots
- Special Items - Women's Home - Burlington
- River View Estates - Riverton
- Genesis Center - Cinnaminson
- Children's Home - Mt. Holly (They received in-line skates, bike helmets, blankets, and tote bags with favorite items enclosed, along with personal items.)
- Peter Muschal School - Jeans and PJ's
- Clare Estates - Bordentown
- Northern Burlington High School - Prom- Door Prizes
- Donated Phone Cards to Service Men
- Hats, gloves, scarves, toothpaste, toothbrushes, powdered drink mixes were all donated to our servicemen overseas; also donated sandwiches, cakes, and chips to McGuire Air Force Base for Valentine Day Project.
- Catholic Charities - Delanco
- Emergency Services - Delran and Willingboro Shelter
- Hamilton Shelter (made sandwich deli trays)
- St. Mary's Food Pantry - Bordentown (monthly contributions and special supplies donated)
- Area Churches
- Area Churches
- County Program Meals on Wheels
- Community Day
- Volunteering in Kitchen
- Sign in Tables
- Donate Items for Raffle
- Providing Past Crafts for Decoration
- Purchase all food for reimbursements
Bordentown Township Senior Citizens reach out to Community
The Bordentown Township senior Citizens Group collected 40 book bags for the children at Peter Muschal School that are in need of school supplies this year. They started in January with collecting an item a month up to August. They filled each bag with notebooks, rulers, pencils, scissors, crayons and so much more. The month of August is when they buy the book bags to place collected school supply items in to deliver. Many club members give donations for this charity outreach.
The delivery was on August 22, 2013. Three seniors were there to donate the adorable filled book bags that day. Their names are Mae Hamilton, Carol Panella and Charlotte Bullecks . The book bags were well warmly received by the Assistant Principal Robin Blue.
Do you have questions about services for senior citizens?
Not sure of what services you may be entitled to?
At the Burlington County Office on Aging, we have the answers you are looking for. Lorin Arruda, the Intake Social Worker, is available to speak to individuals or groups about all the senior services offered.
If you are interested in a presentation for your senior group, church group, or a group of friends, call Lorin at (609) 265-5069.
We look forward to serving you and connecting you with the services you need.
The Bordentown Township Senior Citizen’s Group donated 30 filled Easter Baskets from their club to the Carlslake Community Center on March 21st, 2013 for the people that had their lunch at the center.