NEW 2020 TRASH COLLECTION SYSTEM STARTS FEB 17!
Household trash is collected once per week. Days are changing! Find your zone and see schedule!
You must use the green Township supplied containers with lids. Place them with the metal bar toward the street. Leave two feet free from obstructions on both sides
If you would like to exchange the 95 gallon container for a smaller size, contact the Public Works Department by calling 609-291-2133 or by email. We recommend that residents wait a couple of weeks to determine whether a second trash container is necessary. If a second container is necessary, they can be ordered at the Clerk's Office for $100 yearly. Payment must be made in cash or by check (payable to "Bordentown Township"). The Clerk's Office is located at 1 Municipal Drive and is open 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
To dispose of your old trash cans, place upside down (or otherwise marked) curbside. They will be picked up, starting Tuesday, February 18, by the Department of Public Works. Make sure the cans are empty. Empty, old cans can also be dropped off to the Public Works garage at 266 Crosswicks Road.
Do's and Don'ts of Solid Waste Collection:
- Residents should ONLY use the green Township supplied containers with lids for household waste
- Containers should be at the curbside no earlier than 6 PM the night before collection day.
- No Pool Chemicals including containers and bags.
- No Syringes!
- No business or construction waste!! Household waste ONLY!
- Use dumpsters for renovation project. Permits required.
- Reduce! Reuse! RECYCLE! There should be no recycling material mixed in with household trash!
- Bulk is picked up twice a month on alternating Mondays - see schedule.
- White goods such as appliances are picked up by the Department of Public Works. Call 609-291-2133 to schedule.
- Brush and twigs should not be included with household waste. Drop off at Township Recycling Center at 266 Crosswicks Road or call 609-291-2133 to schedule pick up.
- For documents that need to be shredded, hold until the next Shredder Day. Next one is May 2, 2020 from 9 AM to 12 NOON at the Public Works garage, 266 Crosswicks Road.
There is no trash pick up on the following holidays: If your trash day falls on these holidays then your trash will be picked up on the next day and continue to the following day.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day