Residential Solid Waste/Trash Collection
TRASH COLLECTION ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18th IS CANCELLED DUE TO EXPECTED SNOW STORM.
COLLECTION IS MOVED TO FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19th.
Household trash is collected once per week. Find your zone and see schedule!
Only trash in the green Township-supplied containers will be collected. Place them with the metal bar toward the street. Leave two feet free from obstructions on both sides. No excess trash will be collected!
Additional 95 gallon containers can be purchased for $100 (one time fee for residents). Please mail a check payable to "Bordentown Township" to the Clerk's Office at 1 Municipal Drive, Bordentown, NJ 08505. Please include your name, address and phone number with your check. When payment is received, Public Works will be notified and the additional trash can will be delivered to your residence.
Do's and Don'ts of Solid Waste Collection:
- Residents should ONLY use the green Township supplied containers with lids for household waste
- Containers should be at the curbside no earlier than 6 PM the night before collection day.
- Be aware that collections may begin as early as 6 AM so make sure your container is curbside by 6 AM!
- No Pool Chemicals including containers and bags.
- No Syringes!
- No business or construction waste!! Household waste ONLY!
- Use dumpsters for renovation project. Permits required.
- Reduce! Reuse! RECYCLE! There should be no recycling material mixed in with household trash!
- Styrofoam is NOT recyclable so please include it with your regular trash.
- Bulk is picked up twice a month on alternating Mondays - see schedule.
- White goods such as appliances are picked up by the Department of Public Works. Call 609-291-2133 to schedule.
- Brush and twigs should not be included with household waste. Drop off at Township Recycling Center at 266 Crosswicks Road or call 609-291-2133 to schedule pick up.
- The Township sponsors two paper shredding days per year.
There is no trash pick up on the following holidays: If your trash day falls on these holidays then your trash will be picked up on the next day and continue to the following day.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day *Zone 3 will be picked up on Friday, November 27, 2020*
- Christmas Day