JEFFREY ELSASSER, CTC
Municipal Drive, Bordentown, NJ 08505
609-298-2800 Ext. 5479 — FAX: 609-291-2105
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- Tax bills are due on a quarterly basis.
- Tax bills are mailed once a year during the summer.
- The bill you receive has third and fourth quarters of the current year, and first and second quarters of the following year.
- The due dates for each quarter are printed on the payment stubs of the bill:February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1.
- There is no discount for prepayment.
- We also offer a ten (10) day grace period on these payments.
- The division of assessments is charged with the responsiblity for establishing the value of each property in Bordentown Township which is the basis for each property owners property tax levy.
- Automated Tax Payments...
- New Property Owners...
Tax Rates 2011:
Fire District#1 - 2.292
Fire District#2 - 2.293
2011 Ratio: 102.06%
The entire bill and a self-addressed stamped envelope must accompany remittances requiring a receipt. Otherwise, it is acceptable to detach the appropriate stub to mail along with your check, and the canceled check will serve as your receipt.
Automated Tax Payments
For your convenience, we have the ability to initiate automatic debits from your account for the payment of tax bills. The payment will be processed approximately on the first of the month in which taxes are due. The payment will be automatically debited from the account that you have authorized and you will no longer need to worry about remembering to make the payment. In the event that the grace period is extended, the payment will be initiated approximately 10 days prior to the end of the grace period. You may call the office at 609-298-2800 x6 and request that we mail the authorization form to you. The form may also be downloaded by clicking here: ACH Authorization (PDF Format)
**A service charge will be assessed if the bank returns a check for any reason**
New Property Owners
It is to the property purchasers advantage to come to our office when you purchase a property. We have change forms to let us know pertinent information regarding your account: mortgage company information, correct mailing address, etc. It takes the County 3-6 months to tell us when a property changes owners and in the meantime you are responsible for your tax and utility bills.
- New Owner Notification Form (PDF Format)